PFI Connection: So far, 29 people have been arrested by the UP Police and FIR has been registered against many people in the case of violence in the Bekanganj area of Kanpur. On this matter, the Kanpur Police Commissioner has said that on checking the mobile, it has been found that some material of PFI has been found, due to which the PFI connection cannot be denied. He has told that investigation is being done on all aspects and soon its complete blueprint will be prepared. All the people arrested in the case are from Kanpur.
The question deepens in Kanpur violence because the day PM Narendra Modi And when President Ramnath Kovind is in the city, violence is spread on the same day. In this case the connection of PFI is coming to the fore. It is alleged that PFI has spread violence in Kanpur with the help of local people. But is this PFI, which has already been demanded to be banned.
Know here 10 big things about it-
- PFI i.e. Popular Front of India is considered an extremist Islamic organization.
- PFI was formed in the year 2006 as the main organization of the National Development Front (NDF). Its headquarter is in Delhi.
- Apart from the NDF, PFI has strengthened its hold by collaborating with organizations of many states.
- PFI has a long history of controversies. In the year 2012, the Karnataka High Court had termed the activities of PFI as a threat to the security of the country.
- The NIA has named PFI in many cases.
- According to the Ministry of Home Affairs, PFI has been active in Shamli, Muzaffarnagar, Meerut, Bijnor, Barabanki, Gonda, Bahraich, Varanasi, Azamgarh and Sitapur areas during the protests against the Citizenship Act (NSA) in UP.
- The Yogi government of UP has demanded to ban PFI many times.
- Former Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad once said that many activists of the Students Islamic Movement of India (SIMI) have now joined the PFI.
- The same thing was said by the UP government about banning it. This organization works to spread violence in the state.
- PFI is active in about 7 states including UP.