Army Recruitment: There is a great news for the youth of the country for recruitment in the Indian Army. The government is soon going to open the stalled recruitment in the army. But this time the government is working on a new recruitment plan for recruitment. This scheme will be known as ‘Agneepath’ and in this, soldiers will be given the option of joining the army in just four years. It is believed that if the cabinet gives green signal to this scheme on Wednesday i.e. June 8, then it will be implemented in the country soon.
According to the information, the Department of Military Affairs, subordinate to the Ministry of Defense, is working on a new scheme for recruitment in the army these days. Last week, a draft of this plan was prepared and placed before the top leadership of the country. The plan has been accepted by the government. In such a situation, if it is passed in the cabinet led by the PM, then recruitment in the army can start soon. The new recruitment scheme will be known as ‘Agneepath’ and the soldiers recruited under it may be named ‘Agniveer’.
For how many years has the army recruitment stopped?
Let us tell you that for the last two years, the recruitment of the army has been stopped. Earlier this year, Minister of State for Defense Ajay Bhatt gave a written reply in response to a question in Parliament that the army’s recruitment rallies have been put on hold due to the Corona epidemic. Apart from this, there is a ban on the recruitment of Air Force and Navy.
However, there has been no impact on the officer rank examinations and commissioning. But there is anger among the youth of the country due to the stoppage of the recruitment of soldiers and they have also expressed their opposition in the election rallies of Defense Minister Rajnath Singh. There have been many campaigns on social media due to lack of recruitment rallies many times.
What will be the rules for new recruitment?
Because this recruitment scheme is being prepared under the supervision of the top leadership, so officially no one in the Defense Ministry is ready to speak openly on it. But according to the information that is coming out after filtering, all this is going to happen for the first time in the new recruitment scheme.
- The recruitment in the army will be for four years only.
- Services of soldiers will be reviewed after four years. After review, the services of some soldiers can be extended. The rest will be retired.
- A four-year job will also include six-nine months of training.
- Pension will not be available after retirement, but a lump sum amount will be given.
- The special thing will be that now the army regiment will not be recruited according to caste, religion and region, but will be as a countryman. That is, youth of any caste, religion and region can apply for any regiment.
- If the scheme gets the green signal soon, then from the month of August this year, recruitment will start in the Army (Army, Navy and Air Force).
Late General Bipin Rawat gave the idea
Let us tell you that the then CDS General Bipin Rawat was working on the Tour of Duty plan for the officers of the Indian Army, under which the officers in the army were given services for only three years. Had to give But after the death of General Bipin Rawat in a helicopter crash, this plan was shelved. But the government is now preparing a plan to bring the ‘Agniveer’ scheme on the same lines for the posts of soldiers as well as officers.